8 Beautiful Ruby on Rails Apps in 30 Days & TDD - Immersive
Lookalikes of Instagram, Tumblr, TaskRabbit, etc, w/ fundamentals of Rails (no Scaffolding).
Bạn sẽ học được:
- Build Portfolio of 8 Apps like Instagram; Tumblr; ESPN/Hacker News; Evernote (Document Storage); TaskRabbit/CraigsList; iMDB; Todolist; Project Manager, etc.
- Idea to Implementation (Wireframe to live application) done 8 times.
- Quickly build versatile Rails Web Apps so you don't have to hire expensive developers ($2K+/per project).
- Earn Money from new skills by getting development gigs on freelancer sites.
- Learn how to make beautiful, interactive and versatile web apps using Rails - the most popular web framework.
- Reach a comfortable intermediate to low-advanced level after 30 days of steady work.
- Troubleshoot a variety of common errors
- Ability to add functionality w/ Users, Forms, Image Uploading/Rendering, Voting, Syntax, Styling etc.
- Solid understanding of the MVC (model, view, controller).
- Add jQuery Plug-ins (like Masonry jQuery and raty.js)
- Use HAML syntax to embed Ruby code as a cleaner alternative to .erb
- Test Driven Development (TDD) using Rspec
- Add bootstrap elements and Responsive design
- File storage and manipulation (like Evernote / Google Docs)
- Setup Secure User Logins
- Launch on Heroku (live server)
- Custom Image uploading for social media applications (Tumblr, Instagram, iMDB)
- 5-Star Rating Systems (iMDB-like social-centric apps)
- Sorting and Filtering by Categories
- Comfortable with Git & Github
- Beautiful design (using Sass, a little bootstrap, jQuery libraries)
- No pre-knowledge required for this 8 apps in 30 days challenge. I'll teach you everything you need to know.
- Modern browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox, Safari) and internet connection
- A Mac laptop or iMac (or Windows PC running OSX)
- Text Editor (I prefer Sublime Text). Free is best when you're just starting.
- No other special software required